Dr. Steven M. Melemis
I have an M.D. and Ph.D. from the University of Toronto, and a Postdoctoral Fellowship from the University of California at Berkeley. I have received the honor of Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine. I am medical doctor with a specialty in addiction medicine. My practice is devoted to addictions and some mood disorders.
For More Information
Link to www.StevenMelemis.com
I am a fully qualified and licensed physician under:
- The Medical Council of Canada
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- The National Board of Medical Examiners
- The Medical Board of California
Current and Past Positions
- Medical Inspector for the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Clinical Advisor to the Physician Health Program of the Ontario Medical Association
- Past Vice-Chair of Addiction Medicine for the Ontario Medical Association
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
I am a doctor who specializes in addiction medicine and mood disorders. I am a consultant and addiction IME specialist to physicians, employee assistance programs, insurance companies, corporations, law firms, the College of Nurses, and the College of Physicians. I have developed the province-wide guidelines used by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario in the assessment of substance abuse cases. I have developed the detox protocols used by a number of hospitals and detox facilities. I have lectured widely on addiction medicine to the public and to health professionals, and have been interviewed for television, radio, and print.
It's been an honor and a privilege to have worked in addiction medicine. I have had a chance to see first hand the strengths and weaknesses of the human spirit, and to learn about its indomitable nature. My patients have been extremely generous with their knowledge and experience, and I would like to use this opportunity to say thank you. I hope this website does justice to the many things they have taught me.
Photo by www.edwardgajdel.com