Recommended Recovery Websites
12 Step and Recovery Groups
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) (aa.org)
- Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACA) (adultchild.org)
- Al-Anon.org (al-anon.org) For family members of addicts.
- Cocaine Anonymous (CA) (ca.org)
- Crystal Meth Anonymous (CMA) (crystalmeth.org)
- Dual Recovery Anonymous (UK): A 12-Step Program for those with a dual diagnosis
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (FA) (foodaddicts.org)
- Food Compulsions Anonymous (foodcompulsions.wordpress.com)
- Gamblers Anonymous (GA) (gamblersanonymous.org)
- LifeRing Secular Recovery (lifering.org)
- Marijuana Anonymous (marijuana-anonymous.org)
- Narcotics Anonymous(NA) (na.org)
- Nar-Anon (nar-anon.org) For family members of addicts.
- Nicotine Anonymous (nicotine-anonymous.org)
- S-Anon (sanon.org)
- Sexaholics Anonymous (sa.org)
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (SLAA) (slaafws.org)
- Smart Recovery (smartrecovery.org)
- Women for Sobriety (WFS) (womenforsobriety.org)
- XA Speakers (xa-speakers.org) A collection of recordings from speaker meetings, conventions and workshops of 12-step groups.
- 12 Steps (12step.org) Resources for all 12 step programs. It contains an in-depth discussion and forum on the 12 steps.
- 12StepTreatmentCenters.com A list of 12 Step treatment centers around the world.
Online Self-Help Forums
- AA Intergroup (aa-intergroup.org)
- Addiction Recovery Guide (addictionrecoveryguide.org)
- Addiction Survivors (addictionsurvivors.org)
- NA Chat (na-chat.com)
- Soberistas (soberistas.com)
- Support Groups (supportgroups.com) Covering a wide range of issues including: addiction, depression, anxiety and suicide
- 12 Step Forums (12stepforums.net)
Treatment Locator for the US
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator (findtreatment.samhsa.gov) A database of drug and alcohol treatment programs in the U.S.
Treatment Locators for Ontario
- Drug and Alcohol Helpline (www.drugandalcoholhelpline.ca)
- Mental Health Helpline (www.mentalhealthhelpline.ca) Free information and referral services for Ontario that are available to both the public and health professionals.
If you know of any official government websites with treatment locators for your area, please send them to contact@StevenMelemis.com, and I will try to put them on the website.
- National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (niaaa.nih.gov)
- National Institute of Drug Abuse (nida.nih.gov)
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (samhsa.gov)
- National Institute of Mental Health (nimh.nih.gov)
- Smoke Free (smokefree.gov)
- World Health Organization (who.int/en/)
- Addiction Recovery Guide Addiction and recovery resources.
- All Treatment (alltreatment.com) A drug rehab directory.
- American Lung Association (lungusa.org)
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (asam.org)
- Benzodiazepine Addiction, Withdrawal&Recovery (benzo.org.uk)
- Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (caccf.ca). An organization that certifies and monitors addiction counselors in Canada.
- Canadian Lung Association (lung.ca)
- Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine (csam.org)
- Employee Assistance Professionals Association (eapassn.org)
- Employee Assistance Program Association of Toronto (eapat.org)
- Helping Others Live Sober Aimed at people in recovery and professionals. Together, we are united in the shared goal of Helping Others Live Sober.
- International Center for Alcohol Policies (icap.org)
- National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) (naadac.org) An organization that certifies and monitors addiction counselors.
- Off The Wagon(offthewagon.org) National Organization of Students Against Substance Abuse.
- Partnership For Drug Free America (drugfree.org)
- Project Cork (projectcork.org)
- Addiction Search.com
- Benzo Withdrawal Forums Online group support for benzodiazepine addiction, withdrawal and recovery. (benzowithdrawal.org)
- Domestic Violence Outreach Program
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment Referral
- My Addiction
- Opiate Addiction Resource
- Pressing The Issue
- Stop And Think Radio
- Recovery Connection
(IMPORTANT: I am not responsible for the content of these sites. Nor do I necessarily endorse all the statements in these sites. However I do believe they contain useful information.)